MSK Physiotherapist - Role profile
Duties and responsibilities
- Abide by HCPC and CSP Codes of Professional Conduct, and work in line with all areas of CSP Core Standards of Practice, as well as our policies and procedural framework.
- Treat your own clinical caseload of patients presenting a variety of conditions and goals, including NHS, medico-legal, occupational health and private patients.
- Use high-quality neuromusculoskeletal assessment skills in order to develop a patient-focused management plan.
- Maintain up to date patient records on our systems in a timely manner, whilst abiding by our internal procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- Attend regular and relevant courses both internally and externally, as well as keeping an up to date file of your CPD achievements in line with CSP and HCPC guidelines.
- With the support of your Network Manager, identify and manage any risks that may affect the quality of care, and to advise on any issues regarding service delivery.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders (including patients, clinical colleagues, administrative colleagues, receptionists and external allied healthcare professionals) in line with our procedures, to ensure effective patient management. This may involve working in collaboration with and/or referring to NHS colleagues in hospital and community settings when required.
- Work as part of an MSK Regional Team.
- Utilise our internal platforms such as the staff newsletter and intranet to keep up to date with relevant business, regional and team news.
- Follow all internal safeguarding and governance policies and procedures to protect patients, peers and visitors to the clinic.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Education and qualifications
- Already possesses or is on course to achieve a BSc (hons) Physiotherapy degree of 2:2 or above.
- An up to date CPD folder which demonstrates your commitment to professional development.
- Full HCPC membership (not temporary) and to be maintained throughout the duration of your contract with Ascenti.
- Full CSP membership (not student or associate) and to be maintained throughout the duration of contract with Ascenti.
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
We will consider applications from candidates with a physiotherapy degree whilst awaiting registration from the HCPC/CSP.
Skills and competencies
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient/client rights and consent; putting the person at the centre of practice.
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning, being able to evaluate your own practice, takes responsibility for learning and seeking opportunities to develop self and support those around you.
- Able to work collaboratively, flexibly and supportively to meet the needs and strategic direction of Ascenti, as part of a team or as an individual when required.
- Demonstrates ethical, legal and culturally sensitive practice ensuring high-quality care at all times.
- High levels of IT literacy to allow effective use of electronic notes database, virtual meetings, webinars, preparation of digital presentations, use of exercise prescriptions software and other related digital software applications.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with a wide range of people and to build rapport quickly.
- Conducts an appropriate client/patient interview or subjective assessment (considers impact of history of presenting complaint, impact of presenting condition on the patient, drug history, medical/surgical history, neurological history, social, work and family history using a Biopsychosocial approach).
- Performs appropriate physical assessment procedures in order to assess the locomotor system (articulations/joints, contractile structures, non-contractile structures, peripheral nervous system for both integrity and sensitivity and central nervous system).
- Identifies and able to prioritise patient/client problems, leading to realistic long and short term goals agreed with the patient and subsequent selection and performance of appropriate interventions in collaboration with the patient.
- Applies evidence-based/evidence-informed practice in patient care; linking this evaluation of practice to inform service improvement
- Identifies adverse events/near misses and minimises risk associated with assessment and intervention.
- Is a proficient user of the English language including understanding through listening and reading, good spoken English in terms of interactions and production, and written English is clear, well-structured and able to convey complexity.
View our current vacancies and find out more about physiotherapy roles at Ascenti by visiting our careers section here.