How much will I earn and what band will I start at?
Your salary will be between £22,500 - £27,120, dependant on your experience, training and the location where you work. For example, our London roles all come with a slightly higher salary to account for the increased cost of living.
How long will I be on the graduate scheme before I'm promoted?
The Ascenti Physiotherapy Graduate Scheme lasts for 18 months.
You will be a Band A1 throughout the 18 months as you build up your skills and experience step by step.
By the time you have successfully completed the graduate scheme you will become a Band B Physiotherapist at Ascenti, which is similar to a high Band 5 or Band 6 in the NHS.
Will there be other progression opportunities?
Yes. You can take your career with Ascenti as far as you want to go and earn as much as £50,000 annually once you reach our highest banding level.
You will have the opportunity to apply for a promotion once every year as part of your annual appraisal. This will be time where your mentor or regional manager reviews your clinical development goals with you and if you have reached important milestones that are needed for you to move through to the next banding level.
What does the Ascenti graduate development programme include?
Our clinical training and development programme has won awards with Skills for Health and other prestigious organisations for a reason. It’s because we offer the best training curriculum for physiotherapists in the UK beyond university and invest more in developing our people than anyone else.
On our Physiotherapy Graduate Scheme you will benefit from:
- Welcome week - You will be given all the tools you need to start out and feel comfortable about your first day in clinic. Our welcome week includes 50 hours of support and training. You will spend time with our trainers at our flagship clinic in Birmingham and the clinic you will be working from, where you will meet your mentor and regional manager.
- 150+ CPD time annually – You will have 150 hours of protected Continued Professional Development (CPD) time in your first year with us and then 100 every year afterwards. This is your time to learn and develop, made up of face-to-face mentoring support and training, observational rotations and self-directed learning such as taking part in our webinars or attending external events.
- E-learning - Access to our unique e-learning platform with a broad range of content available for you to use any time. The content has been created by leading industry professionals and specialists, including university lecturers who now work for us.
- 50-100 hours on observational rotations - Learn from the best with up to 100 hours spent on observational physiotherapy rotations in your first year. You can break this up into as many days as you wish – learn more below.
- Your support network - Your mentor will be your go-to person and an experienced senior physiotherapist working as part of your regional team. They will speak to you over the phone regularly and hold 121s in person with you every two weeks to see how you are getting on. Your mentor will help you to build your confidence in clinic day-to-day and to identify your development needs and how to fill any gaps. On top of this you will meet with your wider regional team once a month and you will use our award-winning internal communications tools to stay connected.
- Graduate training day – Once a year we hold a special event for our graduates which is an opportunity for you to learn and network with other physios on our graduate scheme.
What are observational physiotherapy rotations?
Learn from the best through our observational physiotherapy rotations where you will spend time at other Ascenti clinics with experienced specialists.
We have the most varied range of MSK physiotherapy work in the country, working with both public and private sectors, and boasting some of the best talent in the business. This means you have a unique opportunity to spend time with some amazingly talented physiotherapists and to observe what life is like across a range of practice areas.
For example, you could choose to do your observational physiotherapy rotations with a clinician who specialises in injection therapy or another who works as a virtual physio holding consultations with our video-call technology. Alternatively, you could spend time on one of our NHS physiotherapy services, occupational health contracts, or even within one of our business departments or support teams. The choice is yours.
Will I work alone or with a team?
You will work independently and autonomously in clinic, but you will never be alone.
Your mentor and regional manager are only a phone call or a message away if you need them in-between your regular 121s and regional team meetings.
Our award-winning digital internal communications tools mean that you can also connect with the wider national Ascenti team and take part in our company wide social initiatives.
It’s true that working at Ascenti is not the same as working in the NHS or a hospital setting but working alongside lots of other physiotherapists every day isn’t necessarily better. In a pressurised hospital environment, you may find that your colleagues aren’t available to you or able to give you the time that you need.
Our graduate clinical training and development programme is designed to provide you with the quality time and support that you need to thrive.
Why should I choose Ascenti instead of the NHS?
Physiotherapy is a wide profession with many avenues that you could choose to go down.
We work with the NHS so we know what an amazing institution it is, but we also know that the support and opportunities you will have as a graduate looking to specialise in musculoskeletal physiotherapy will be narrow and limited.
If you know that MSK physiotherapy is the area you want to work in then starting your career with Ascenti will mean that you benefit from related experience and scope to develop, without the need to work across other disciplinaries that are of little interest to you.
You will have the opportunity to work with different groups of patients and to explore the latest MSK methodologies and treatments, unconstrained by Government budgets and red tape.
In clinic you will be free from clunky paper-based processes and patient admin, as our industry leading patient workflow system, digital patient rehab tools and dedicated customer services team work to support you in clinic.
What other benefits will I get?
All of our graduate physiotherapy roles come with:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays).
- Sell up to 5 days of leave annually.
- Condense your hours and work a 4 day week (who doesn’t love a long weekend!).
- Sabbaticals if you want to take a break or time out to travel the world.
- Family friendly and flexible working options.
- Work from home to deliver video / online physiotherapy sessions.
- Extra cash rewards and prizes as part of our competitions and incentive schemes.
- Relocation opportunities nationwide.
- Healthcare cash plan to claim money back on health expenses such as dental.
- Discounts with thousands of big brands including gyms and restaurants as part of our rewards scheme.
- Free physio for you and discounted physio for friends and family.
- Cycle to work scheme where we can fund the cost of a bike and equipment.
- Charity time gifting scheme and special events to help great causes.
- Free company-wide and regional social events, including our Christmas party.
- Employee wellbeing and mental health support, including free counselling.
What makes Ascenti special?
There are three unique parts to our business that set us apart from other employers you could work with.
Our digital edge – We’re pioneering digitally-enabled MSK physiotherapy services that are revolutionising our industry and enhancing treatment outcomes ready for future generations.
Join us and be part of this exciting step forward for the profession, which will come with more flexible and home working opportunities. Learn more about our digital edge.
Our national Ascenti team – We have the largest network of directly employed MSK physiotherapists in the country outside of the NHS and large hospital groups, who often sub contract work to self-employed clinicians.
This means you will be part of a wider community of likeminded physiotherapists and will work with consistent and high-quality models of care.
Governance and clinical leadership – We are CQC registered and have a dedicated in-house Governance and Quality team that help to maintain consistently high standards across all that we do.
We are clinically led, which means that physiotherapists sit on our Executive Team and lead our business – so we really understand the needs of our clinicians and care about delivering great services for our patients.
Will I be working with a good company?
Yes. Top physiotherapists founded part of our business and our Executive Team is still made up of experienced clinicians who continue to lead us today.
This enables us to maintain a strong sense of social purpose and clinical heart, alongside having the mind and technology of a commercial business.
You can rest assured that you are dealing with a company that cares about doing the right thing for people and our planet. Learn more about how we’re working to make a positive difference to the world around us here.
Who can apply for the Ascenti Physiotherapy Graduate Scheme?
Our physio grad scheme is for clinicians with less than two years post-graduate experience. You will be required to start as a Band A1, which is similar to a Band 5 in the NHS.
If you don’t meet the eligibility criteria for our physio grad scheme, we may still have the perfect opportunity for you.
All of our roles come with great benefits, flexible working opportunities and our amazing clinical development programme and resources.
We also support clinicians looking to return to practice or to take their career in a new direction. Browse our current job roles or send your CV to us at email@example.com
If successful, when can I start work?
You can start working with us as a band A1 as soon as you would like to, but the Ascenti Physiotherapy Graduate Scheme will not officially start until September of every year.
This means your graduate development programme, observational rotations and other specialist support will not start until then.
You can still gain a lot from starting sooner and will receive the same great support and training that all of our new starters and physiotherapists do.
You can only start working with us once you have graduated and are HCPC registered.