Your physiotherapy appointment and coronavirus (COVID-19)
You must not attend your face-to-face appointment if any of the following apply to you:
Within the last 10 days you have had, or continue to have, any of the following symptoms:
- A new continuous cough.
- A high temperature.
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell.
- You or a member of your household is currently required to self-isolate as per government guidance.
- You have been identified as someone who is extremely clinically vulnerable and the government or local guidance at the time of your appointment requires you to be shielded.
If your area becomes subject to local lockdown procedures between booking and attending your appointment, your appointment may have to be rearranged.
If you are attending an appointment in one of our clinics, please read this information carefully as it contains important information about your Physiotherapy treatment and the actions we are taking. We have carefully considered how we provide physiotherapy treatment in-clinic - your safety and that of our Physiotherapists is our top priority.
Whilst transmission of the virus continues within the community there is an increased risk of infection, however we have put in place a number of steps and measures to promote safety and reduce risk. These measures are based upon formal guidance and our risk assessments.
- Our Physiotherapists have received training on the virus and how to reduce the spread.
- The venue has been risk assessed and changes made to ensure it is COVID-Secure.
- Enhanced cleaning schedules are in place.
- There is access to hand-sanitiser and suitable cleaning supplies.
- Our Physiotherapists will be wearing appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment).
Attending your appointment
- Government guidance requires you to wear a face-covering whilst in enclosed spaces. You must bring your own face-covering with you to be worn whilst in our clinic.
- Arrive as close as possible to the start time of your appointment (5 minutes max).
- Please follow local guidance and signage for social distancing at the clinic. You may be asked to wait outside if waiting room capacity has been reduced.
- You will be required to use hand sanitiser before and after your appointment.
- Please attend clinic on your own – you should only bring a chaperone if this is essential and they must follow the same guidance.
- We will not be able to provide you with treatment if you have symptoms or you do not comply with our infection prevention measures.
Please note: there may be restricted toilet access at your clinic venue.
Cancelling your appointment
You are under no obligation to attend your appointment. If after reading this information you do not wish to attend this appointment, if you need to cancel or rearrange your appointment or have further questions or concerns please contact us as soon as possible on 0330 678 0850.
At Ascenti, we are following official guidance. The situation does continue to change and we will aim to update this information as needed but you can always check the most current advice on the GOV.UK website.