Ascenti is the leading independent provider of physiotherapy and associated services with over 350
clinics across the UK. Our clients include major insurers, the NHS, corporates and private individuals.
We are a healthcare business led by clinicians and focused on delivering the highest possible care
and experience for all of our service users.
As a Software Developer at Ascenti you’ll be a visible lead in our digital strategy, turning creative
ideas and expert field-knowledge into practical solutions and turn-key software products.
Taking inspiration from the strong cultures of quality and innovation in our clinical departments,
you’ll be expected to apply this to our software products and development lifecycle by writing
efficient code and architecting modern and exciting solutions.
- Developing and maintaining in-house software projects and solutions and taking pride in the end-to-end delivery and ongoing support of our products.
- Writing efficient and secure code, primarily in C# .NET, with flexibility to use a range of tools and languages for both web and desktop based applications.
- Understanding of efficient data access layers and patterns and comfortably write and review T-SQL code for Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Architecture and planning of system designs up front, ability to prototype ideas and respond and adapt to feedback and improvements from other developers in the team.
- Ability to effectively plan and estimate development work so as it can be time-boxed into manageable and achievable sprints.
- Keeping up to date in the fields of programming and technology with a view to introducing new ideas, tools and processes within the IT department.
- A technical all-rounder, hands-on with more than just coding when required. For example supporting and helping our platform and support teams with hosting, deployments, user support and back-office processes.
- Motivating the agile team with a positive outlook and willingness to unblock issues and problems and guide the team to a successful outcome.
- Sharing your technical experience and best practices with other staff in Ascenti Digital, primarily those working in infrastructure and development roles.
- Providing support outside core hours as part of a rota and under a flexible working policy.
Key skills and attributes
- C# / .NET and .NET Core - at least 2 years of experience.
- T-SQL or equivalent – at least 2 years of experience.
- Web application development stacks, ASP.NET MVC, Razor, Typescript or comparable stacks.
- Service and API stacks, ASP.NET WebApi, WCF or comparable RESTful and SOAP technologies.
- Comfortable working with Dependency Injection, TDD and SOLID principals and an appreciation of common design patterns.
- Visual Studio, MSBuild, NPM, NuGet and other toolsets in common Windows development environment.
- Use of Git for source control and exposure to CI/CD (Azure DevOps)
- Mobile first, using either web based responsive web design or cross platform tools for mobile and windows app development (Xamarin, Electron JS).
- Exposure to cloud technologies and architecting cloud tech into applications (Azure, Azure Functions, Server-less etc.)
- Ability to perform your role with a style that embodies the Ascenti values.
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.