Advanced Physiotherapist Practitioner - Kidderminster
Ascenti is the leading provider of physiotherapy and associated services in the UK – helping people to elevate their health and live active lives.
We are looking for an ambitious, driven and experienced physiotherapist with a special interest in musculoskeletal physiotherapy, to join our dynamic team.
Locations: Kidderminster and Stourport on Severn
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time 40 hours
Salary band: £40,000 - £50,000
Suitable for graduate applications: No
What it takes
As an Advanced Physiotherapist Practitioner you will be a key member of the Ascenti team and responsible for delivering an outstanding service to our patients and partners on a day-to-day basis.
You will uphold our company values and high standards, whilst building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for acting independently in the management of an often complex and chronic NHS MSK caseload, and for the diagnosing and treatment planning for these patients.
This will involve referrals into imaging and analysis/interpretation of results and knowledge of all possible multidisciplinary treatment pathways, and appropriate referral to these.
Examples include: physiotherapy, surgery, rheumatology and community pain service.
To view the full role profile please click here. Please note that your salary package will be determined once we have had the opportunity to review your skills and experience against our key skills framework at your interview.
The Ascenti difference
Our physiotherapist roles come with an industry leading training package, a clear progression pathway, bonus potential and much more.
We are a flexible employer that will put you at the centre of everything we do.
We believe in supporting you to become the best version of yourself. There are quick career progression opportunities with no ceiling, allowing you to reach your potential.
Depending on the location, the contract type available in the region and availability, our physiotherapists will have the opportunity to manage varied caseloads across different service lines, such as the NHS, occupational health, medico-legal and private medical insurance.
This will enable you to widen your skills and experience, whilst helping you to progress your career and develop expertise in the areas of MSK physio that you are the most passionate about.
You will also have the potential to earn more money through our self-funded/private patient incentive bonus scheme, whereby we will provide you with support to help you build your own caseload and treat more privately paying patients.
What we can offer you
• Clear banding structure aiding promotion and professional growth.
• Minimum of 100 hours of protected CPD time annually.
• Access to a unique eLearning platform.
• An opportunity to apply for a promotion once a year.
• Split role opportunities where you can combine a Disability Analyst role alongside our physiotherapy roles.
• Opportunities for flexible working hours if available.
• Relocation support packages.
• 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays).
• Healthcare cash plan enabling you to claim money back on health expenses such as dental.
• Access to hundreds of retail and gym discounts through Bupa rewards.
• Discounted physio for you, friends and family.
• Pension scheme with a salary exchange agreement option.
• Employee telephone counselling support (accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days per week).
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Company-wide and regional social events.
Clinical banding structure and salaries
The Ascenti clinical banding structure clearly sets out how you can progress your career and salary.
Our highly experienced team of clinical service leads will be with you every step of the way to help you reach your professional goals.
Each banding level has a clear set of development goals and competencies that you will need to demonstrate to progress.
The below is designed as a rough salary guide, but where you are on the scale will depend on several factors including location and experience. This will be determined at the interview stage.
Working outside London
- Band A - £22,500 - £27,000
- Band B - £27,000 - £31,500
- Band C - £31,500 - £36,000
- Band D - £36,000 - £40,000
- Band E (APP) - £40,000 - £50,000
For more information please get in touch or visit: www.ascenti.co.uk/careers.
If you are interested, please send a CV and covering letter by clicking apply on the right.
For information about how your data and information for job applications will be processed and stored by Ascenti please visit: www.ascenti.co.uk/recruitment-privacy-statement.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read our privacy statement and are happy with the way that we will manage your data.
Ascenti prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy and maternity.
At Ascenti we promote equality and inclusion from the very beginning of the recruitment process. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of this recruitment application process please clearly indicate this on your application so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
Education and qualifications
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy recognised Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered.
- Post-registration qualification in Orthopaedic Medicine or equivalent qualification.
- MSc Module in Injection Therapy or Diploma in Injection Therapy (or working towards).
- RMER trained.
- Extensive post registration experience working at a senior level within speciality area (at least five years in MSK field).
- Demonstrable experience in ordering and interpreting diagnostics and histology results.
- An up to date CPD folder which demonstrates your commitment to professional development.
Skills and competencies
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient/client rights and consent; putting the person at the centre of practice.
- Demonstrates ethical, legal and culturally sensitive practice.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with a wide range of people and to build rapport quickly.
- Awareness of current initiatives within the Local and National health economy.
- Displays effective communication skills, communicating complex, sensitive and contentious information to patients, carers and colleagues.
- Performs treatment interventions appropriately for this advanced level of clinical care.Identifies adverse events/near misses and minimises risk associated with assessment and intervention.
- Is a proficient user of the English language including understanding through listening and reading, good spoken English in terms of interactions and production, and written English is clear, well-structured text able to convey complexity.
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.