Advanced Physiotherapist Practitioner - Preston
Ascenti is the leading provider of physiotherapy and associated services in the UK – helping people to elevate their health and live active lives.
We are looking for an ambitious, driven and experienced physiotherapist with a special interest in musculoskeletal physiotherapy, to join our dynamic team.
Locations: Preston, Chorley and South Ribble region – Central Lancashire Moving Well NHS service
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time 40 hours/ part-time negotiable
Salary band: Band E
Suitable for graduate applications: No
What it takes
As an Advanced Physiotherapist Practitioner you will be a key member of the Ascenti team and responsible for delivering an outstanding service to our patients and partners on a day-to-day basis.
You will uphold our company values and high standards, whilst building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for acting independently in the management of an often complex and chronic NHS MSK caseload, and for the diagnosing and treatment planning for these patients.
This will involve referrals into imaging and analysis/interpretation of results and knowledge of all possible multidisciplinary treatment pathways, and appropriate referral to these. Examples include: physiotherapy, surgery, rheumatology and community pain service.
Alongside our award-winning clinical training and development programme and support from our award-winning Clinical Development Team, you will be required to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development.
To view the full role profile please download the attached PDF. Please note that your salary package will be determined once we have had the opportunity to review your skills and experience against our key skills framework at your interview.
The Ascenti difference
Our physiotherapist roles come with an award-winning clinical training and development programme, a clear progression pathway, bonus potential and much more.
We are a flexible employer that will put you at the centre of everything we do.
We believe in supporting you to become the best version of yourself. There are quick career progression opportunities with no ceiling, allowing you to reach your potential.
Depending on the location, the contract type available in the region and availability, our physiotherapists will have the opportunity to manage varied caseloads across different service lines, such as the NHS, occupational health, medico-legal and private medical insurance.
This will enable you to widen your skills and experience, whilst helping you to progress your career and develop expertise in the areas of MSK physio that you are the most passionate about.
What we can offer you
- Clear banding structure aiding promotion and professional growth.
- Minimum of 100 hours of protected CPD time annually.
- Access to a unique eLearning platform.
- An opportunity to apply for a promotion once a year.
- Split role opportunities where you can combine a Disability Analyst role alongside our physiotherapy roles.
- Opportunities for flexible working hours if available.
- Relocation support packages.
- 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Healthcare cash plan enabling you to claim money back on health expenses such as dental.
- Access to hundreds of retail and gym discounts through Bupa rewards.
- Discounted physio for you, friends and family.
- Pension scheme with a salary exchange agreement option.
- Employee telephone counselling support (accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days per week).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Company-wide and regional social events.
Clinical banding structure and salaries
The Ascenti clinical banding structure clearly sets out how you can progress your career and salary.
Our highly experienced team of clinical service leads will be with you every step of the way to help you reach your professional goals.
Each banding level has a clear set of development goals and competencies that you will need to demonstrate to progress.
The below is designed as a rough salary guide, but where you are on the scale will depend on several factors including location and experience. This will be determined at the interview stage.
Working outside London
- Band A - £22,500 - £27,000
- Band B - £27,000 - £31,500
- Band C - £31,500 - £36,000
- Band D - £36,000 - £40,000
- Band E (APP) - £40,000 - £50,000
For more information please get in touch or visit: www.ascenti.co.uk/careers
If you are interested, please send a CV and covering letter by clicking apply below, or get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
For information on how your data for job applications will be processed and stored with Ascenti please visit our website here: www.ascenti.co.uk/recruitment-privacy-statement.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the privacy statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with this.
Ascenti prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Already possesses a BSc (hons) Physiotherapy degree of 2:2 or above.
- An up to date CPD folder which demonstrates your commitment to professional development.
- Full HCPC membership (not temporary) and to be maintained throughout the duration of your contract with Ascenti.
- Full CSP membership (not student or associate) and to be maintained throughout the duration of contract with Ascenti.
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
- We will consider applications from candidates with a physiotherapy degree whilst awaiting registration from the HCPC/CSP.
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.