Ascenti is a national provider of physiotherapy, osteopathy, and rehabilitation with over 350 clinics across the UK. Ascenti provides world class treatment and rehabilitation solutions to every patient through highly effective techniques, producing rapid improvement to those suffering from soft tissue and joint injuries.
Working within Finance in our Credit Control team in Fareham and reporting to the Credit Control Manager, the primary responsibility of the Credit Controller is to monitor and manage effectively aged debt, including debt owed both by individuals and businesses. The role includes issuing invoices, manipulation of data to provide backing to invoices, and chasing debt in line with agreed term contracts. The right candidate will be flexible in their approach to credit control and be pro-active in finding alternative ways to manage and monitor the debt.
Duties to include:
- Chase payment in line with current chasing policy
- Contacting patients to take payments for treatment sessions
- Reporting on and analysing the performance of debt by debtor and by sector
- Oversee an extremely busy in-box along with the other Credit Control team members
- Maintain and update chase spreadsheets, to ensure information is kept up to date
- Make out going telephone calls for updates on older cases
- Creating and sending of monthly statements to all debtors
- Answering email and telephone queries on invoice and balance queries
- To allocate payments received for specific ledger in an accurate and timely manner
- Making enquiries as to reasons for shortfalls from daily banking
- Run reports from intranet and macros
- Work closely with other teams and Management, to resolve IP rate queries
- Apply credit notes and write–offs when applicable
- Other ad hoc tasks
- Help to establish new processes and support other members of the Credit Control department
- Assist team with month end tasks
- To liaise with the Credit Control Manager and Finance management with regards to aged debt, and other internal departments to ensure processes are achieving the aim of keeping client payments within the agreed terms
- Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Sage 50
- BMC Remedy
- Bespoke database and accounting system
Ascenti prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy and maternity.
At Ascenti we promote equality and inclusion from the very beginning of the recruitment process. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of this recruitment application process please clearly indicate this on your application so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
- Finance or credit control background;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in Microsoft packages;
- Good excel skills – V-Lookups, pivot tables, SUMIFs;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work from own initiative and work as part of a team.
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.