MSK Physiotherapist / Functional Assessor - Colchester
Ascenti is the leading provider of physiotherapy and associated services in the UK – helping people to elevate their health and live active lives.
We are a forward thinking and progressive organisation who have created a unique and balanced opportunity, combining the benefits of clinical physiotherapy with disability and functional assessments.
Physiotherapy Caseload: Medico-legal, occupational health, private and self-funded
Functional Assessor Caseload: Wide array of medical conditions including physical, cognitive, intellectual, mental health and sensory impairments
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time 40 hours across two days physiotherapy and three days functional assessments
Salary band: £31,800 – £40,000 (depending on experience)
Experience required: Minimum of two years post qualification experience
What it takes
As an Ascenti Physiotherapist you will be a key member of the Ascenti team and responsible for delivering an outstanding service to our service users and partners on a day-to-day basis.
You will uphold our company values and high standards, whilst building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Alongside our award-winning clinical training and development programme and support from our award-winning Clinical Development Team, you will be required to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Please note that your clinical banding grade and salary package will be determined once we have had the opportunity to review your skills and experience against our key skills framework at your interview.
The Ascenti difference
We are the only company able to offer a dual role whereby you can work as a Functional Assessor with the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, whilst continuing to work as a clinical physiotherapist with Ascenti.
Our dual roles come with an industry leading training package, a clear progression pathway, bonus potential and much more.
We are a flexible employer that will put you at the centre of everything we do.
We believe in supporting you to become the best version of yourself. There are quick career progression opportunities with no ceiling, allowing you to reach your potential.
Depending on the location, the contract type available in the region and availability, our physiotherapists will have the opportunity to manage varied caseloads across different service lines, such as the NHS, occupational health, medico-legal and private medical insurance.
This will enable you to widen your skills and experience, whilst helping you to progress your career and develop expertise in the realm of functional assessments and MSK physio that you are the most passionate about.
What we can offer you
• Clear banding structure aiding promotion and professional growth.
• Minimum of 50 hours of protected CPD time annually.
• Access to a unique eLearning platform.
• An opportunity to apply for a promotion once a year.
• Opportunities for flexible working hours if available.
• Relocation support packages.
• 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays).
• Healthcare cash plan enabling you to claim money back on health expenses such as dental.
• Access to hundreds of retail and gym discounts through Bupa rewards.
• Discounted physio for you, friends and family.
• Pension scheme with a salary exchange agreement option.
• Employee telephone counselling support (accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days per week).
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Company-wide and regional social events
Clinical banding structure and salaries
The Ascenti clinical banding structure clearly sets out how you can progress your career and salary.
Our highly experienced team of clinical service leads and mentors will be with you every step of the way to help you reach your professional goals.
Each banding level has a clear set of development goals and competencies that you will need to demonstrate to progress.
The below is designed as a rough salary guide, but where you are on the scale will depend on several factors including location and experience. This will be determined at the interview stage.
Physiotherapy Roles (outside London)
Band A - £22,500 - £27,000
Band B - £27,000 - £31,500
Band C - £31,500 - £36,000
Band D - £36,000 - £40,000
Band E - £40,000 - £50,000
Dual Physiotherapist/Functional Assessor Roles (outside London)
Band A - £31,800 - £33,000
Band B - £33,600 - £34,800
Band C - £35,400 - £36,600
Band D - £37,400 - £40,000
For more information please get in touch or visit our careers area.
If you are interested, please send a CV and covering letter by clicking 'Apply now' on the right.
Ascenti prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy and maternity.
At Ascenti we promote equality and inclusion from the very beginning of the recruitment process. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of this recruitment application process please clearly indicate this on your application so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
- Already possesses a BSc (hons) Physiotherapy degree of 2:2 or above.
- An up to date CPD folder which demonstrates your commitment to professional development.
- Full HCPC membership (not temporary) and to be maintained throughout the duration of your contract with Ascenti.
- Full CSP membership (not student or associate) and to be maintained throughout the duration of contract with Ascenti.
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
- We will consider applications from candidates with a physiotherapy degree whilst awaiting registration from the HCPC/CSP.
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.