MSK Physiotherapy Service Manager
Ascenti is the leading independent provider of physiotherapy and selected clinical outsourcing with over 300 clinics across the UK. Our services cover the NHS, occupational health, insurers, bespoke services for businesses and private physiotherapy for paying customers.
We are a healthcare business led by clinicians and focused on delivering the highest possible care and experience for all of our service users.
Following a successful competitive tender process, we have been running the NHS community IOW MSK physiotherapy service since 2016. We have a close-knit team of physios working across 9 clinics to deliver effective patient-centred care to the island’s community.
Our IOW MSK Physiotherapy Service Manager will be responsible for managing our relationship with the NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), clinically leading our physiotherapists and ensuring excellence in performance throughout our service.
Locations: Isle of Wight
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time 40 hours / part-time hours negotiable
Salary band: Competitive; relocation bonuses considered
Reports to: Regional Network Manger
Service delivery and performance
• Ensuring that all contractual KPIs are met, and where possible, exceeded
• Delivering frontline physiotherapy clinics, either virtually or face-to-face
• Assisting the Regional Network Manager with staff recruitment, clinic diaries and estates planning to support and meet the needs of the wider team
• Using data and management information to formally report monthly to the Regional Network Manager on the performance of the IOW contract
• Acting as an escalation point for clinicians and administration staff around service-related queries
• Keeping up with best practice, ensuring that our services are delivered in line with our high standards
Service improvement and development
• Working with key stakeholders within Ascenti, the CCG, patient groups and wider NHS community to continually drive service improvement
• Identifying opportunities for service redesign to improve patient care through effective and innovative change, for example through the delivery of virtual physiotherapy services
• Understanding the wider MSK and associated NHS pathways and how our MSK physiotherapy service interacts optimally
• Identifying any areas for improvement and potential risks, creating action plans and maintaining a risk register
• Building a collaborative and strong working relationship with the CCG and other important stakeholders
• Supporting the CCG as needed in the development of any future plans for the service, enabling successful contract renewals and long-term delivery
• Regularly communicating around the performance of the contract, raising and tackling concerns where needed
Team leadership and clinical development
• Providing overall leadership for the region and line management of your direct team, instilling a collaborative working environment in line with our values
• Proactively engaging and retaining staff, whilst enabling them to develop personally and professionally
• Mentoring and developing staff on the IOW service as part of our award-winning clinical development programme and banding structure
• Producing training needs analyses and address any development requirements within the team
• Ensuring your team engages with learning content through all Ascenti digital platforms and tools
Key skills and attributes:
• Excellent business analytical and IT skills.
• Ability to manage change in your post and develop to meet the needs of the CCG and organisation.
• Ability to challenge appropriately.
• Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• An inspiring leader with strong people management skills and the ability to support the development of peers and teams into high peformers.
This role profile is not exhaustive and you may be directed to complete other tasks as required. These duties will be always be reasonable and deemed within the expectations of your position.
General Terms (applicable to all Ascenti posts):
• Ensure that your conduct does not fall below the standards detailed in Ascenti’s Code of Conduct
• Safeguarding is everybody’s business. All employees have a duty of care to safeguard Children and Adults and to act on any concerns to ensure that each situation is appropriately assessed and investigated.
• Adhere to all Ascenti policies and procedures, paying close attention to the following key policies that are important to us: Health and Safety (of employees and service users), Risk Management, Data Protection and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
• Full HCPC and CSP registered Physiotherapist
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the physiotherapy market.
• Experience in leading NHS physiotherapy services.
• Good understanding of managing performance and KPIs.
• Relationship management experience with clients and stakeholders.
• Experience in mentoring clinicians, to support and coach and enable them to harness their full potential.
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.