People Coordinator (HR Assistant)
Contract: fixed-term until 31/01/2021 with potential to go permanent
Location: Bristol – currently working from home
Salary: £18,000 - £19,000 per annum
Ascenti is the leading provider of physiotherapy and selected clinical outsourcing - helping thousands of people to elevate their health and live active lives every day.
Our amazing people make us who we are and lift us above the competition. At the heart of our workforce we have 150 employees based at our Head Office in Fareham who make all the work in our clinics possible by organising diaries, booking in patients, managing reports and much more.
We are on the lookout for an ambitious and driven individual to join our energetic team. As a fast paced and growing business, you will have scope to develop in your role and make a difference.
About the role
Working within a busy People Services department, we are seeking a People Coordinator to provide a vital role in supporting the recruitment and onboarding process for clinicians and future employees. With responsibility for the recruitment and background checking processes, you will support the business and People Services team in ensuring a smooth onboarding process for our employees as they join the business.
No formal HR qualifications are required for this role, and there are further opportunities to develop HR experience with the potential for further support in gaining further HR qualifications for the right candidate.
Your day-to-day role will include:
Responsibilities will focus on the processing of recruitment paperwork, generating contracts of employment, and background checking (including DBS checking). Other duties include:
- Creating employee files by entering complete and accurate data onto the system;
- Prioritising and processing offers of employment in accordance with strict deadlines ensuring that all checks are in place for a smooth onboarding process;
- Utilising the bespoke people system to take a proactive approach to chasing outstanding paperwork;
- Liaising with our employment background checking partner to ensure that DBS, references and education checks are received in a timely manner;
- Responding to queries from managers, and other external stakeholders regarding the recruitment process and other relevant people queries.
- Working in compliance with appropriate company policies and procedures, and understanding and adhering to the Data Protection Policy;
- Assisting with ad-hoc administrative duties.
In addition to the main focus of recruitment duties, you will be responsible for monitoring, processing and responding to general people queries (both phone calls and queries into the shared team mailbox), and help in the reporting process of sickness and absence data. Opportunities to progress and take on further responsibilities including attending interviews, supporting employee relations cases and giving advice to employees and managers may also be available for the right candidate.
What we can offer you
- 28 days of annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing by one day per year, up to 33 days.
- Healthcare cash plan enabling you to claim money back on health expenses such as dental.
- Access to hundreds of retail and gym discounts through Bupa rewards.
- Discounted physio for you, friends and family.
- Pension scheme.
- Employee telephone counselling support (accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days per week).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Company-wide and regional social events.
- Annual bonus reviews.
- Annual salary reviews.
- Clear grading structure aiding development.
- Opportunities for flexible working hours if available.
- Refer a friend scheme.
Banding structure and salaries
The Ascenti banding structure lays out the requirements and expectations of different job levels to provide clarity on how the business is structured. Each role has a band and these should be helpful for staff looking to apply for more senior positions, as they make it clearer to see what is required to progress to a more senior role.
Our highly experienced team of managers will be with you every step of the way to help you reach your professional goals.
Get in touch
If you would like to find out more about the role please contact us at email@example.com or if you are interested in applying for this role, click the apply button and upload your CV, the closing date for this is Monday 21 September.
For information on how your data for job applications will be processed and stored with Ascenti please visit our website here: www.ascenti.co.uk/recruitment-privacy-statement.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the privacy statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with this.
Ascenti prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy and maternity.
At Ascenti we promote equality and inclusion from the very beginning of the recruitment process. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of this recruitment application process, please clearly indicate this on your application so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
- Previous HRIS experience, or general aptitude for IT/systems work would be an advantage as we transition to our exciting new people software in early 2021.
- As well as being able to demonstrate excellent team working capabilities, you will have excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- You will be able to demonstrate strong administration and organisational skills combined with tact, discretion and confidence in dealing with people issues.
- Strong IT skills, especially experience in Excel, are also necessary along with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Previous office and HR experience is desirable, however you must be able to demonstrate a keen interest and desire to develop within people services. Support and training on the job will be given.
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.