Ascenti is the leading independent provider of physiotherapy and associated services with over 350 clinics across the UK. Our clients include major insurers, the NHS, corporates and private individuals.
We are a healthcare business led by clinicians and focused on delivering the highest possible care
and experience for all of our service users.
As a Platform Developer you’ll be influential in the transformation of our infrastructure and software
deployment processes. You'll work closely with our software development team to test and deploy applications and workflows by automating infrastructure and applications.
You’ll enjoy learning complex concepts and have a knack for applying your knowledge to problem solve and come up with lasting solutions. We will encourage you to learn from and build on your skillset via on-the-job training and regular mentoring.
- Developing automation pipelines for releasing and deploying software using CI/CD technology.
- Preparing software deployments and providing support and expert knowledge during project go-lives.
- Working closely with our platform engineers to automate and improve routine maintenance
- tasks across our platforms (e.g. file and database back-up and recovery, patching, certificate renewal…)
- Researching and developing cost-effective cloud solutions to under-pin the IT estate and business strategy at Ascenti.
- Maintain and improve configuration management platform keeping up with the current technologies in the space.
- Maintain Git version control repositories and related systems supporting initiatives around “infrastructure as code”.
- Work with our QA staff to provide a technical programming lead on automated integration test suites for our in house applications.
- Work with other technical colleagues to create system and workflow information visible through monitoring systems and web based dashboards.
- Providing support outside core hours as part of a rota and under a flexible working policy.
- Development experience in at least one programming language, preferably C#/.NET in Visual Studio, and one scripting language (e.g. Powershell).
- Experience of source code management, preferably Git.
- Knowledge and interest in Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and DevOps best practice.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins).
- Experience with build tools and package management (e.g. Nuget, NPM, MSBuild, Gulp)
- Ability to perform your role with a style that embodies the Ascenti values
- Desirable: Experience working with SQL Server databases.
- Desirable: Knowledge of automated testing frameworks and tools (e.g. NUnit, MSTest, Selenium)
- Desirable: Experience with container technologies and their implementation in SMEs
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.