Senior People Advisor
Our Senior People Advisor plays a leading role in advancing our culture and taking Advo Health to the next level.
You will empower our managers to build their people capability, plan and manage talent autonomously, at the same time as being on hand to provide expert HR / People advice and direction where needed.
Driving progress and building strong customer relationships within Advo Health, you will provide top quality advice about policy and processes, at the same time as ensuring that we live our values from the inside out.
How your role fits within our team
Advo Health is part of the Ascenti Group and you will be part of the Ascenti People Team. You will report to the Head of People and Culture and will also manage a People Advisor. You will have dotted-line responsibility to the Executive Team member who is accountable for the business area that you support.
As well as your focused remit working within Advo Health you will also work collaboratively across the People Team and Ascenti’s wider business, so that your customers experience a seamless and effective HR service. This means that you will be part-advisor, part-customer service manager, part-leader and part-coach.
Advising managers and building capabilities
- Act as the first port of call for people expertise within Advo Health.
- Manage a structured approach to engagement and collaboration with your key customers.
- Proactively bring people expertise and solutions, enabling your customers to achieve their objectives.
- Coach, question and constructively challenge to identify root causes of any people and business issues.
- Work towards commercial objectives and organisational growth, by supporting with any people work necessary for your associate department to deliver against our business strategy.
- Collaborate with the business to promote talent management, development and succession planning.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring staff morale and engagement within your associate department.
- Coach managers of differing abilities through the sometimes difficult and complex employee relations cases they are managing.
- Empower managers to achieve positive outcomes wherever possible and to upskill for the future to enable them to manage more autonomously.
People policy & culture
- Take ownership for specific policy areas and review regularly.
- Lead on key projects and change initiatives within the advisor team.
- Protect the business from risk, report any wrongdoing and encourage HR best practice.
- Ensure all people practices, advice and guidance provided is aligned with our business strategy.
- Review engagement and rewards to ensure that we are an attractive and exciting place to work.
- Promote a culture of enhancing livelihoods by advancing initiatives covering: equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing.
- Lead people change projects and support any initiatives in your associate business area covering restructuring, organisational design or development.
People team and personal effectiveness
- Line manage a People Advisor, providing support and helping them to develop and thrive in their role.
- Work in unity with the other advisors to standardise the team approach and collaborate on cross-organisational issues and goals, providing direction as a senior member of the team.
- Work with the Head of People and Culture and broader People Team function, including People Operations and Talent Acquisition, to achieve shared goals.
- Support high standards of data integrity and work closely with People Operations and HRIS to analyse, assess and evaluate any local/regional activity.
- Stay abreast of the latest market trends and continually grow your technical knowledge, sharing this with the wider advisor team and applying methodology within the business where appropriate.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of relevant UK legislation; particularly employment law and worker-related regulation.
- Working effectively to juggle competing priorities and balancing quality and quantity of work.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- Achieved or working towards CIPD Level 3 or 5.
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.