Physiotherapy is a recognised medical profession that can help you to elevate your health by restoring movement and function to the body if you are affected by injury, illness, disability or pain.
Who is physiotherapy for?
Physiotherapy is for everybody. Whether you have a severe problem or a small irritation, our physiotherapists can help you to feel better.
We help people of all ages and backgrounds, with a broad range of fitness levels and wellbeing goals.
When should I see a physiotherapist?
Most people in the UK see a physiotherapist when things get really bad, but regular physiotherapy can help you to prevent problems before they start and can be enjoyed as an essential part of healthy living.
Physio can help all kinds of people with many different issues, including:
- Injuries or sudden pain, such as if you hurt yourself playing sports or lifting incorrectly.
- Minor day to day issues, for example if you are in pain when you are at work or driving.
- Maximising sporting performance and preventing injury.
- General mobility and helping you to move around more easily.
- Recovery and rehabilitation following hospital care, bed rest or surgery.
- Chronic (long-term) musculoskeletal conditions, such as arthritis or osteoporosis.
- Any kind of disability or impairment affecting mobility or muscle movement.
What does physiotherapy involve?
Physiotherapists may use a range of different techniques and treatments, depending on your own individual needs and situation.
This typically involves a combination of manual and exercised based therapies – learn more about treatment with us.
Is physiotherapy safe?
Yes. Physiotherapists are recognised medical professionals who have completed a degree and are registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
We uphold the highest standards of safety and take our responsibilities as a healthcare provider seriously, which is why we are a trusted partner to more than 40 NHS organisations and 357 private businesses.
Learn more about quality and safety at Ascenti.