Privacy Statement of Ascenti Health Limited and Ascenti Physio Limited
As part of the recruitment process, the Company collects and processes data relating to job applicants.
What do we collect?
- Contact details, including email address and telephone number
- Details of your qualifications, professional registrations, skills, experience and employment history.
- Information about your current level of remuneration, including employee benefits.
- Whether you have a disability for which Ascenti Group need to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- Information about your entitlement to work in the UK.
- This may be collected by application forms, CVs, online recruitment questions, obtained from your passport or collected through interviews/assessments.
Why we collect data?
Ascenti Group processes your data to take steps as part of the recruitment process, prior to entering a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you if you are successful in your application for employment.
In some cases we process your data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations, for example to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
Ascenti Group has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing this data allows us to manage the recruitment process.
Ascenti Group may process special categories of data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion in order to monitor diversity in recruitment. During the process, we may also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information) in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us and to prepare for commencing employment (if successful); to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us with regard to recruitment.
We take the security data seriously; we have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is processed by means of appropriate technical and organisational measure.
All data is hosted, stored and handled with the EU.
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers/assessors involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy.
We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We may then share your data with third parties as part of the pre-employment screening process. Depending on the role, this may include: your previous employer, academic institutions, personal referees, credit reference agencies and the criminal records bureau. The Company shall notify you before your data is shared and this disclosure is managed in line with the Company’s internal policies and procedures.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, your application record, in recruitment and Human Resource and other IT systems (including email)
If your application is unsuccessful, Ascenti Group will keep your information on file for 6 months.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your HR file and retained during the period of your employment and in some circumstances afterwards. The periods for which your data will be held should you become an employee will be provided to you in the Privacy Notice for employees.
You have a number of rights. You can:
- ask for a copy of your information;
- ask for information to be corrected;
- ask for information to be erased or deleted;
- ask for us to limit or restrict processing;
- object to us processing your data. The right to object does not apply if we must process the data to meet a contractual or legal requirement;
- ask us to send you a copy in a structured digital format or ask for us to send it to another party.
Some rights however, may be limited. We may be obliged by law or regulation to keep information. On occasion there may be compelling legitimate interests to keep processing your data.
If you have any enquiries or requests at any time about personal information held by us or our practices in this regard, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.